Monday, January 13, 2014

Sing and Move!

 OK, this prompt is hittin' where I live. I love music that makes me get going. I have a list on my phone called "driving home" which is full of songs I can sing along to and get happy. I designed this list because I realized, before the list, I was listening to NPR and the news of the day and I was not shaking off the day before I got home. When I came into the house, I was still in work mode and not in, "Honey, I am home and happy to see you," mode. Since I changed to the list, I am different person when I come in the door. The news of the day can wait until Morning Edition. At the end of the day, driving home, it's all about winding down. 

These songs make me SING!!!
1. Watershed - The Indigo Girls
2. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
3. Fish and Whistle - John Prine
4. I've Just Seen A Face - The Beatles
5.  Everyday I Write the Book - Elvis Costello

And, I recently started running. I ran/walked my first 5k (ever) in December. I still have a goal to run a whole 5k before 2014 is done. When I am running, these songs make ME move:
  1. Jai Ho - from Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack
  2. La Taberna Del Buda - Café Quijano
  3. Here it Goes Again - OK Go
  4. I'm Shipping it Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys 
  5. I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred (I know it is cheesy and inappropriate, but it is so fun to move to...I literally dance-run when it comes on my workout list)
And, I could not forget my preschoolers for this listing blog. These songs make MY STUDENTS move:
  1. Bubble Toes - Jack Johnson
  2. Say Hey (I Love You) - Michael Franti
  3. Shake Your Tailfeather - The Blues Brothers (watch the movie scene on YouTube and teach the kids the moves...It's a BLAST!!)
  4. The Hoppity Song - John Ondrasik
  5. Mahna Mahna - The version by Cake (it's a phenomenal cover of the old Sesame Street Favorite). 

No comments:

Post a Comment