Monday, January 27, 2014

Five Favorite Children's Books

Okay, limiting me to just five is really hard, so I am going to list the top five that come to my mind because there are SO SO SO SO many children's books that I love.

1. Piggie Pie by Margie Palatini - I love to use this book to introduce the word "problem" to the kids.
2. Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon by Patty Lovell - My favorite book about being nice to one another, grandmothers, and self-confidence
3. The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig by Eugene Trivizas - kids need a good grounding in the original story to appreciate this one, but this one cracks me up every time.
4. Can You Hear It by William Lach - this is a fabulous introduction to classical music and paintings for kids. I was so surprised how much the kids loved the pieces and following the prompts to listen for the specific instruments. They ask to hear this over and over again.
5. How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman - I just love this book. We take out my children's map of the world and find all of the places the little girl goes to collect the ingredients for her pie. We also talk about all of the kinds of transportation she uses. 




No comments:

Post a Comment