Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 January Blog-A-Day Challenge

So, as if I don't have enough going on in my life this month, I just saw this post on Twitter and I think I am going to use it to get my blog going. 

The Kindergarten Scoop It blog aggregate site is giving prompts for each day of the month. Since I am not in a classroom anymore, I will post ideas I would have had when the prompt applies to the classroom. 

Today's prompt is just to post a picture that represents 2013. It supposed to be wordless, but I have a difficult time not talking.

This was a snow shoeing field trip that my preschool class took in February 2013. This photo represents the changes in 2013. This was my last group of preschoolers, since I resigned in June and moved into the Consulting, Training, and Higher Education world. 

This field trip was such a challenge in many ways for the kids. For some, it was the first time they had ever been on snowshoes, so they had to figure out how to change their gate to traverse the trail in the woods. For others, they were challenged to work on the orienteering skills, following the blazes for the trail as we made our way through. And still others were in charge of looking for trees and animal tracks for the whole class to work on identifying. We took pictures and checked out field guides when we returned to the classroom.

I like that we are all together around a snowman we made when the trek was over. After we successfully made it through the woods, we still had enough energy and motivation to do a group project. I will miss being in a preschool classroom every day. This picture wraps that feeling up for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth

    Love the photo! Just to clarify - the Post-A-Day challenge is being put on directly by Kinderchat, and is not related to Scoop-it. Looking forward to reading your posts as the month goes on!

    ReplyDelete