Friday, January 10, 2014

If I Won The Lottery...

It would have to the Mega Bucks and it would have to be a big Jackpot. 

I would stop worrying about making money and I would use my lottery winnings to start some sort of foundation or PAC that would work on ways to get access to high quality preschool for all children. I would focus my energy on both strengthening the quality of the available early care and education programs, and making sure there is no barrier to access based on family circumstances.

If I had enough to take on a second cause, I would fight for family leave that makes sense. This would include paid maternity and paternity leave for up to nine months (and not at the same time), and strengthening the Family Medical Leave Law to include paid time off to care for sick family members. 

Oh, and I would also spend a lot of time in Hawaii snorkeling and hanging out by lava vents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment